Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Laird for All Time by Angeline Fortin

This book is about Dr. Emmy MacKenzie, an obgyn, who finds herself hurled back into time and comes into contact with Connor MacLean who swears that Emmy is his long, lost wife Heather. The author did a great job of transporting the reader back in time, where men wear kilts and woman are slowly coming into a greater role in society. I normally have issues with historical books as one of my majors in colleges was history and I hate when inaccuracies abound. A lot of times historicals end up feeling like modern characters with dialogue in historical garb. I end up wanting to punch something and cannot finish the books. But this author really was able to bring the past to life in a believable and accurate way. I found myself enjoying the past she brought to life on the pages for the readers.

The main characters had a great interaction between the two. I loved how the plot unfolded, there are plenty of twists and turns that leave the reader anxious to see how everything comes to fruition. I really loved that the plot wasn't a normal cookie cutter time traveling book. It had a creative spin that really was enjoyable and I had a difficult time putting the book down. This is the first book I've read from this author and I hope to read many more. I had such a great time getting to see how Emmy's and Connor's love story played out and to see how they came to discover the heart does not know the bounds of time or place. It is always great to see a strong woman character who can appreciate a hot guy in a kilt but also stand her own ground as well. This is truly a 'magical' book for time traveling and historical readers.

~ Darkling

No comments:

Post a Comment