Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Classics - Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

For this Sunday Classic I thought I would review a book that in all honesty I never wanted to read. I had begged, pleaded and pouted and got my husband to join a book club I was a member of years ago. The leader always let each member pick a book from time to time, so that everyone felt they got a voice in what was being read in the group. My husband picked 'Ender's Game', a book I had not heard of before and when I knew more about it, still did not want to read it. But I'm always a good sport with the book club and I read what is picked each month, even those books that don't grab me or interest me. I am of the mindset that every book I read, whether I like it or not, I feel I am better for it. I try and learn something from each book and allow me to grow and develop. So it was a huge surprise to me that when I started to read the book, how powerful I found it to be. The author Orson Scott Card, really used metaphor to his advantage. Card also spoke greatly on the nature of politics, government and people's rights. I was blown away by the book and could not believe that I had not read this Classics before. Truly a book that changed me in a number of ways, how I viewed government's, people, political parties, roles in society and the world. The book and twists and turns that I as a reader did not see coming, from the first page to the last page I was on the edge of my seat to see what was going to happen and how the events would unfold. This was one time I happily admitted that my husband was right, he can pick some interesting and great books. This book was so 'magical' it burst with magic from every page.



No comments:

Post a Comment